Important note for prospective members
I was informed on 15th June 2019 that there are now no free moorings spaces at the NBCYC for steel boats. We have had six applications for membership and moorings since 1st January this year, with a total of 206 ft. boat length being accommodated.
Potential new members with steel boats are still welcome to join the Club, but will have to join a waiting list for moorings, with free spaces being allocated when available (based on the date when an application for membership was received) and with an indeterminate time-scale.
The Dorfold Basin (see the picture at the top of the Home Page is for shorter GRP boats of approximately 25ft in length. Currently there are four available spaces in the Dorfold for fibreglass boats. Nevertheless, GRP boat owners are advised to e-mail us about the availability of mooring spaces before applying for membership as the situation is changing rapidly.
- Initial Fee - for boat owners and social members £75. (Note : other family members are also covered in this one off £75 charge.)
- Annual Fee - adults (18 years and over) £15 per person
- There is no fee for anyone under the age of 18
Club members agree to pay the club fees and other monies as and when they are due, to assist generally in the operation of the club and to take part in club activities. More information in the Members' Handbook.
- Annual Mooring Fee - £25 per foot
- Initial Mooring Fee - £5 per foot (A one-off payment for the mooring space when you join our club)
To moor at the NBCYC your boat must be no longer than 40 feet. Note that election to membership does not guarantee a mooring on club premises.
New members agree to pay mooring fees on a pro rata daily basis, from the date of taking up moorings to the end of the current calendar year. After the first year the payments will be brought in line with the annual payments i.e paid in two instalments: by the end of January and the end of June.
- Boat owners who wish to join the NBCYC please use this on-line application form.
- Non-boat owners who would like to join the NBCYC please use this on-line application form. The Club has many members who do not own a boat, but join the Club to participate in the Club's social events.
Membership of the NBCYC Limited is subject to the Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Calendar of events open to all members