The 'Officer of the Day' List is prepared at the beginning of each calendar year and members are expected to help maintain the moorings by adding their names and preferred date(s) to the OOD list kept in the signing-in hut. Please find a substitute if you cannot come on the date you selected.
The weekend duty lasts from 10:00 hours Saturday to 16:00 hours Sunday. Duties may be shared between members doing one day each. Those only able to do the Sunday duty, should begin at 10:00 hours.
During your duty please
- Raise and lower the Club flags (The flags and a picture of their positions are kept in the filing cabinet in the signing-in hut)
- Ensure that the Club security gate is kept closed and secure.
- Check that no unauthorized people gain access to the moorings.
- Deal with any membership enquiries. (Membership forms are in the signing-in hut). Prospective members can also join on- line in the Join Us section of the nbcyc.club website. More information and club fees here.
- Request that members and visitors sign in on arrival.
- Walk the moorings to check the security of boats and boundaries .
- Accommodate visiting boats only in accordance with the Harbourmaster's instructions (available in the signing-in hut) and permission. Harbourmaster's contact details are here. (Members' login required). The club take any size 'visiting boats from other cruising clubs' subject to availability.
- Clean and tidy the inside of all buildings including the toilets, and seek to ensure the tidy appearance of the site generally.
- At the end of the duty, ensure that all the buildings are locked and that any electrical switches (other than those marked) are turned off .
- Please note : As the electricity meter readings are now being logged automatically there is no longer a need for the Officer of the Day to log the electricity meter reading.